You meet with your guide at the arranged time for the hike at the reception in Skálakot hotel. There are many available tracks starting directly from the hotel and the guide will suggest the most appropriate one depending on how long time you have and how difficult trails you wish to explore. Most tours will start uphill and end downhill.
Example on tours with length and difficulty level.
- Miðskálicanyon and Hestafoss, ca 7 km level 2
- Holtscanyon and Hestafoss, ca 11 km level 3
- Iráfoss and Hestafoss 2, ca 6 km level 2
- Hestafoss 2 and Þríhyrningur, ca 12km level 3
- Littlifoss and Ásolfskalikirkja, ca 3 km level 1
|Level 1||Easy walking|
|Level 2||Steep hills, off track hiking and some river crossings|
|Level 3||Steep hills, narrow paths, river crossings and off track hiking|
What to wear
- Good shoes/boots
- Windproof pants and jacket
- Remember that the weather in Iceland can change in a couple of minutes!
3000 isk/hour per person. Minimum of 2 participants for any tour.
All tours are private and all tours are between 1 hour long to a full day of hiking.
Season 2020 start 1st of March
Check out the link for more pictures of the diffrent hikes!
You can book your tour at firstname.lastname@example.org